The 9th Annual NJ Wine & Food Festival is a weekend celebration of local and national chefs. It’s also a chance for regular foodies to mingle with some of their favorite chefs. This year the event will feature various local chefs like Ryan DePersio (Battello, Kitchen Step, Fascino), Chris Siverson (Maritime Parc), Seadon Shouse (Halifax Hoboken), David Viana (formerly of Kitchen at Grove Station), and Robbie Felice (Viaggio in Wayne, NJ).
The festival’s Guest of Honor will be acclaimed chef Daniel Boulud. Boulud is a renowned international chef who has won four James Beard awards for “Outstanding Restaurant,” “Outstanding Restaurateur,” “Best Chef, New York City,” and “Outstanding Chef of the Year.”
Weekend events and tastings include:
- A Conversation & Book Signing with Guest of Honor Daniel Boulud ($50)
- Top Chefs and Top Wines Dinner ($288) [sold out]
- Craft Whiskey Spotlight with Widow Jane Distillery ($40)
- A Taste of Mexico with Chef Katsuji Tanabe (Top Chef Season 14) and Chef Martyna Krowicka (Restaurant Latour) ($40) [sold out]
- Daniel Boulud Foie Gras Challenge – 4 NJ chefs compete to produce the winning dish as judged by Chef Boulud ($60)
Tickets are now on sale for a variety of events and proceeds benefit the James Beard Foundation. The event runs from Friday, March 31 through Sunday, April 2 at the Crystal Springs Resort in Hamburg, NJ.
(Photo Credit: Geoff Mottram)