Big developments are coming to the Westfield World Trade Center mall. Of the 120 stores scheduled to move into the new space, 100 are expected to open within a year, reports Tribeca Citizen. Moreover, many of these stores will be flagships; the Apple Store, for instance, promises to be “unrivaled in the world.” Other notable news surrounding the WTC PATH hub and its surrounding area:
- The first Westfield mall store will open this summer on August 16.
- Surprisingly, stores will be open seven days a week. New York’s Financial District is pretty much a ghost town on weekends, so hopefully these stores will bring some life to the area.
- The Oculus and the plaza area that surrounds it will become “arts-committed spaces” with events, concerts, and other public programming.
- The 40,000-square-foot Eataly inside 4 World Trade Center is running ahead of schedule and will likely open this July.
- Demolition of the temporary PATH station is expected to begin late this summer.